Position: Training and Education Coordinator
Closing date: Applications to be received no later than 12 noon on Monday 22nd of July 2019
Interviews: Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on week of the 5th of August 2019
Salary: Remuneration will be dependent on qualifications and experience
Contract Type: This is a 1-year fixed term contract, renewal subject to continued
annual funding from our funding partners
Location: Cara (c/o IT Tralee, Kerry/National Sports Campus, Dublin)
Cara is a national organisation which provides a collaborative and partnership platform throughout Ireland to impact on enhancing sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities. Through the development and coordination of a National Training and Education Framework, Cara strives to build capacity at a national and local level to facilitate, support and advocate for the participation of people with disabilities in sport and physical activity.
Cara’s mission is to work in collaboration with the disability, sporting, community and statutory bodies to provide people with disabilities with enhanced opportunities to participate in the sport and physical activity of their choice.
Cara provides a range of opportunities for training and education across the sport, fitness, health, outdoor and education sectors.
This role is supported by Sport Ireland under the Dormant Accounts funding programme and will be appointed on a 12-month fixed term contract.
- Assisting in the planning, development and management of the Training and Education Framework in line with the overall objectives of Cara’s Strategic Plan.
- Working as part of a dynamic team in the design and implementation of sustainable and cost-effective training workshops (both direct delivery and online) specific to the National Training and Education Framework.
- Promoting, nurturing, and engaging with the sporting system in Ireland; specifically, with the National Sports Policy identified sports of Swimming, Cycling, Athletics and Walking.
- Supporting identified sports around training and education needs and the capacity building of their clubs and volunteers.
- Assisting local sports partnerships to build their capacities through existing and further training and education opportunities.
- Supporting existing and new Cara tutors with annual continuous professional development opportunities.
- Developing partnerships and links with the sports, fitness, health, adventure and education sectors and statutory organisations to develop and sustain the Training and Education Framework.
- Liaising with the various National Governing Bodies of Sport, Local Sports Partnerships and Disability Sports Organisations in supporting community sport clubs to build further capacity including Inclusive Sport Coaching and Inclusive Club programmes.
- Maintaining an effective administration system to record all training and education delivered by or on behalf of Cara including reports, submissions and presentations.
- Develop an effective promotional plan for all workshops.
- Periodic review of all existing workshops and materials ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the sector/s.
- Coordination, planning and implementation of inclusive training pathways with a focus on the sport, fitness, health, outdoor and education sectors.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the National Training and Education Framework delivery process, including analysis of need, workshop content and participant and tutor evaluations.
- Working with the development team in Cara to providing support, guidance and expertise to National Governing Bodies of Sport in the design and implementation of inclusive training within their individual organisations.
- Working with the development team in Cara to support the development, promotion and implementation of the training needs within the Inclusive Sport Toolkit in conjunction with National Governing Bodies of Sport and Local Sports Partnerships.
- Managing budgets and maintaining effective financial records specific to the National Training and Education Framework.
- Explore, develop and deliver Disability Awareness Training opportunities to the corporate sector.
|Essential Qualities Required||Demonstrable|
|A QQI Level 8 or higher or equivalent qualification in sports development related studies is desirable but not essential.||Application Form|
|Demonstrable broad experience in the area of sports development including the delivery of sport related training and education.||Application Form
|A strong understanding of participation sport including programmes that support people with disabilities to engage with sport and physical activity.||Interview|
|Demonstrated training experience and knowledge of relevant training methodologies in Adapted Physical Activity, Adapted Physical Education, Sports Development, Disability Sector.||Application Form
|Ability to deliver and evaluate bespoke training and education programmes.||Application Form
|Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary partners.||Interview|
|A proficiency in IT and communication technology systems.||Interview|
|Ability and commitment to work independently and as part of a team with a commitment to work flexible hours when necessary.||Interview|
Note to all applicants:
Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate, by example, how they meet the criteria will go forward to the next stage in the recruitment and selection process.
Please note: This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Suitable candidates should apply by completing this application form: Application Form-Training and Education Coordinator.
Closing date for applications is 12noon on Monday 22nd of July 2019.
Please submit your application form electronically to Niamh Daffy, CEO at email@example.com
Queries may be directed to Niamh Daffy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (0) 66 7145646.
Cara is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Position Supported by Sport Ireland and the Dormant Accounts Fund