Active Disability Service Awards 2024
Applications are now open!
The Active Disability Services Awards have been developed to recognise and reward Disability Services throughout Ireland who have shown leadership and commitment to helping people with disabilities stay active and healthy.
Being physically active at any level is hugely important to our health and wellbeing especially for people with disabilities. Providing activities that encourage active and healthy lifestyles can greatly influence a persons mood, energy, happiness and overall wellbeing.
The awards aims to champion the innovative physical activity, health promotion and community inclusion initiatives that have arisen as a result of the service engaging with our ‘Active Healthy Me’ programme. Active Healthy Me aims to empower people with disabilities to take control of their own health & wellbeing through an online education programme, facilitated by staff within disability days services all across Ireland.
Please find the details and descriptions of this year’s awards categories in our Active Disability Services Awards Brochure
To be eligible to enter these awards, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Disability Services must be funded by the HSE and operate as an Adult Disability Day Care Service or Adult Disability Residential Care Service.
- Disability Services must have an account and be active (completed at least 1 module) of our ‘Active Healthy Me’ health education programme. For more information on this programme and to register for an account please click here
- Initiatives/Projects must have been operating as part of the activity timetable within the service from 1st January 2023 until present, whether online or in-person.
- Initiatives/Projects must be delivered by staff members of the service, or have been delivered by an external contractor directly commissioned by the service.
- Disability Services must sign our Sports Inclusion Disability charter to highlight their commitment to providing inclusive physical activity opportunities to their service users, more information and to sign the charter can be found here
Read Full Terms & Conditions Here
How to Enter
To enter one of the Initiative Award Categories please follow the link to complete the online application: Initiative Category Application Form
To enter one of the People Award Categories please follow the link to complete the online application: People Category Application Form
Closing Date for applications is Friday 9th February @5pm.
Application Form Tips:
- Provide as much information and details as possible regarding the nominated initiative/project/event/person
- Please provide insights, facts and figures to demonstrate the impact of your examples where possible.
- You can send photos (JPG’s) and PDF’s along with your entry form to support your entry for consideration by the judging panel (files can be emailed to email@example.com)
- In the Initiative Award Categories we’re looking for examples of the following:
- Increasing and sustaining physical activity and healthy lifestyles for service users through your initiative/project/even.
- Achievements and milestones reached since January 2023.
- Being creative and use of innovative practice.
- Increase in the number of service users who have engaged in physical activity, healthy lifestyle habits or community inclusion.
- The wider impact on the service users (such as personal development, health and wellbeing and educational attainment).
- In the People Award Categories we’re looking for examples of the following:
- An individual who regularly engages in physical activity and leads a healthy lifestyle.
- An individual who has achieved a recent sporting goal
- A staff member who encourages physical activity participation amongst all service users regardless of ability.
Watch the Active Disability Service Awards 2022
If you have any further questions regarding the Active Disability Service Awards, please contact Lauren by email at firstname.lastname@example.org